Monday, October 27, 2014

Cool Industrual Interiors of the New UCC 3rd Wave



I've been to many outlets of UCC around the metro, but this newly opened branch outclasses the rest. I love the delicious design details of "UCC 3rd Wave Clockwork" which opened recently at Bluebay Walk.  I loved the messages on my table liner - they were so me. My husband's liner had an entirely different set of messages. Just as with fortune cookies, we got our customized messages from the universe :-)




I loved the ambiance of this cafe. It had a shiny industrial feel, a calming muted pallette of cement grey walls, distressed wood, shiny steel, and burlap sack upholstery.  A very high ceiling and a good-sized loft seating area overlooking a huge island counter below gave diners a dramatic view of the prep area.  It's reassuringly transparent.  I'm in awe at how efficiently laid out the work area is. I could see all the action behind the counter - a point of view I haven't yet had the privilege to see at any Starbucks.



The pastry display was particularly eye catching for me (because I have a sweet tooth). "Man does not live by coffee alone, have some pastries" said a sign above a glass case with several layers of labeled wooden blocks, displaying Japanese style baked goods. 



I really wanted to try the Cookie Cup Affogato, which had vanilla ice cream on a cookie cup to be doused with a shot of espresso. It looked terribly inviting - but I wanted good old black coffee tonight, for good reason :-)



Oliver got his favorite Sumiyaki coffee, and I got my black and we started talking about serious stuff - our strategies and next steps - and division of labor. It felt rather productive!  Look what industrial interiors and a good cup of coffee can do!  


I would imagine a meeting held in one of the function rooms (can be reserved for 4500 consumable) would turn out to be productive. It would be hard to ignore the message on the walls, that time is gold :-) 


I think I'll come back here next time I want to chill and get work done - it's a weird combination, I know - almost a paradox (how can I chill and work at the same time?) - but it's exactly what this new cafe in my neighborhood is inspiring me to do. I'm coming back equipped with my work stuff, and I'm planning to have an industrious, prolific time at UCC Clockwork. 

1 comment:

  1. I am a coffee lover and one of my favorite coffee shop is UCC. I love Sumiyaki Coffee and their wide range of breakfast. I just can't get over of their overloaded menu and I love the ambiance and their restaurant furniture store manila too.

    ReplyDelete